"Good luck to them if they want to make an issue of what I said, then I'll make some issues as well. Don't expect me to come out on the TV any more, ever, and speak to the press after the game, because I won't do it.
If you want me to come out and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother getting me to come out after a game. If I can't come on TV when I do get asked a question and answer it in a truthful manner, am I supposed to come out after and say, 'It was a jolly good decision of Mark Clattenburg, I felt he handled it very well?
Then we shouldn't be dragged out onto TV four minutes after the game. I'm getting pulled out there by Simon the press officer to go on TV - I don't want to go on TV, I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players. But when I'm asked a question I give a truthful answer: He made a right mess of it all. That was my answer and I stand by that 100%."
I hope they do charge him- even if just to get him off the TV. Not only does he have a face for radio, but he has the conversational ability fit of a chimpanzee.
No comments:
Post a Comment