Two lunches in the sane day.
We wanted to have a meal in the restaurant opposite but unsurprisingly it was closed when we went over- they all have odd opening hours, none of which are3 consistent or reliable. Instead, we walked a bit further to another place which was busy and looked OK.
Oh, dear.
I've not had a decent local dish since we've arrived with either the food being cold, under seasoned, lacking in spiciness or even filling me, for that matter (and I eat like a burd/bird) so I thought I'd go "western". First mistake.
It arrive nearly 45 minutes later with cold, lumpy mashed potato that was neither appetising, or appealing. It looked like a half-hearted attempt to pound a boiled spud, which had no salt and pepper nor any kind of butter or milk added. Call me old fashioned but I like the little extras- and I prefer them hot too.
The meatballs were also a novelty as they had been deep fried and so hard it would have put a ball bearing to shame. Rock solid marbles, with no attempt to make them edible and a garnish that looked like a throw up. Bits of carrot and spring onion hurled at the plate to perhaps hide the horror underneath?
A tiny portion that wouldn't fill a mouse, it complimented wifey's crab and egg soup (mainly egg white in a broth, little crab) and her main of seafood fried rice. The only fishy thing about that was the ponk, We had a prawn count of two and a pice of cuttle fish (squid) that looked like a chewed chicken testicle.
And the icing on the turd? The price. Including a bottle of water, a couple of Rupees short of 1 500.
We walked home hungrier tan we arrived (and substantially lighter in the wallet) and straight back into the other, original restaurant which was now open. The local fried fish was superb, as was wifey's coconut fish curry and all for 50% less than shortly before.
We wanted to have a meal in the restaurant opposite but unsurprisingly it was closed when we went over- they all have odd opening hours, none of which are3 consistent or reliable. Instead, we walked a bit further to another place which was busy and looked OK.
Oh, dear.
I've not had a decent local dish since we've arrived with either the food being cold, under seasoned, lacking in spiciness or even filling me, for that matter (and I eat like a burd/bird) so I thought I'd go "western". First mistake.
It arrive nearly 45 minutes later with cold, lumpy mashed potato that was neither appetising, or appealing. It looked like a half-hearted attempt to pound a boiled spud, which had no salt and pepper nor any kind of butter or milk added. Call me old fashioned but I like the little extras- and I prefer them hot too.
The meatballs were also a novelty as they had been deep fried and so hard it would have put a ball bearing to shame. Rock solid marbles, with no attempt to make them edible and a garnish that looked like a throw up. Bits of carrot and spring onion hurled at the plate to perhaps hide the horror underneath?
A tiny portion that wouldn't fill a mouse, it complimented wifey's crab and egg soup (mainly egg white in a broth, little crab) and her main of seafood fried rice. The only fishy thing about that was the ponk, We had a prawn count of two and a pice of cuttle fish (squid) that looked like a chewed chicken testicle.
And the icing on the turd? The price. Including a bottle of water, a couple of Rupees short of 1 500.
We walked home hungrier tan we arrived (and substantially lighter in the wallet) and straight back into the other, original restaurant which was now open. The local fried fish was superb, as was wifey's coconut fish curry and all for 50% less than shortly before.
No comments:
Post a Comment