I am a pizza glutton and love this simple dish. While it is hardly the healthiest of meals, it is calorifically naughty enough to be a sinful treat and if you get a good one (rare) it's simply unbeatable. Forget fancy toppings and similar nonsense, give me a thin crust, with tomato paste, cheese and salami?pepperoni and I will be in Heaven.
I rarely treat myself as to eat a poor one destroys that pleasure and for some reason, greedy restaurateurs seem to think this offering is one from the Gods and should thus be priced. Excuse me? Dough, tomatoes and cheese warrant a ten pound price tag? I don't think so,
Anyhoo, all this preambling fluff brings me to the Tigre de Papier, (come on, that's Paper Tiger for you French GCSE drop outs) which is one of the few places I will regularly order pizza in Asia (the other being in Vientiane) and I did so once more yesterday, for lunch.
Again, my blue cheese and salami 12" came out in perfection and I easily devoured the whole thing without breaking sweat. I intend to have the same at least once a week as it will be a long time until the next pizza feast, so perhaps a diet in Bangkok will be in order?
Will it bollocks...
I rarely treat myself as to eat a poor one destroys that pleasure and for some reason, greedy restaurateurs seem to think this offering is one from the Gods and should thus be priced. Excuse me? Dough, tomatoes and cheese warrant a ten pound price tag? I don't think so,
Anyhoo, all this preambling fluff brings me to the Tigre de Papier, (come on, that's Paper Tiger for you French GCSE drop outs) which is one of the few places I will regularly order pizza in Asia (the other being in Vientiane) and I did so once more yesterday, for lunch.
Again, my blue cheese and salami 12" came out in perfection and I easily devoured the whole thing without breaking sweat. I intend to have the same at least once a week as it will be a long time until the next pizza feast, so perhaps a diet in Bangkok will be in order?
Will it bollocks...
No comments:
Post a Comment