Monday, April 25, 2011

Spend, Spend, Spend

Travelling lightly I even leave my head/beard trimmer behind and turn to the local barber to keep my partial hirsuteness in order.  It was time to get the noggin buzzed yesterday and I made damn sure I wasn't going anywhere near my "ear expert" like last time (see November archives if interested).

Instead I went back to the last place and sat down for a quick "grade zero on head and chin" which the guy did very earnestly and with a good result.  He then asked me if I wanted my beard shaping (I always shave before I get my haircut) and I was intrigued as to what he could do with a tiny goatee and so agreed.

Using a small cut-throat razor, he carefully trimmed all the edges back to even things up and then shaved away a few areas to leave me with a more modern French beard which has distinctive cut outs in it and looks well funky and modern.

All a bit of fun for a dollar but I think I'll just leave it as is, next time.  How on earth can I ever do that myself?  Even with a burd's eyebrow razor (all the rage in Asia) I'll never get it so intricate.

And the haircut?  Just two dollars and I'll be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment